An HTML document consist of its basic building blocks which are:
- Tags: An HTML tag surrounds the content and apply meaning to it. It is written between < and > brackets.
- Attribute: An attribute in HTML provides extra information about the element, and it is applied within the start tag. An HTML attribute contains two fields: name & value.
- <tag name attribute_name= ” attr_value”> content </ tag name>
- Elements: An HTML element is an individual component of an HTML file. In an HTML file, everything written within tags are termed as HTML elements.
- <!DOCTYPE html>
- <title>The basic building blocks of HTML</title>
- <h2>The building blocks</h2>
- <p>This is a paragraph tag</p>
- <p style=“color: red”>The style is attribute of paragraph tag</p>
- <span>The element contains tag, attribute and content</span>
The building blocks
This is a paragraph tag
The style is attribute of paragraph tag
The element contains tag, attribute and content